By the end of this week my blog will be up to date with stories and pictures from all of my adventures so far (at least that’s the goal)! In the mean time, here are 10 things I love about Austria…and Europe in general.
- It rains quite a bit…kind of feels like home!
- It’s really, really, green…the grass, trees, etc.
- People ride bikes, and buses, and trains more often than they drive.
- The coffee is good everywhere, not just at Starbucks, Peets, or Stumptown.
- When eating meals, people take their time. It’s a much more relaxed environment.
- Church bells ring throughout town on the hour.
- Pretty much everything is closed on Sunday. It’s like the whole country is observing the Sabbath.
- Most towns have a section of town (Altstadt) where cars are not allowed. In fact…I live in Villach’s altstadt.
- Beer and wine are relatively cheap.
- Euro 2012 is on in the evening (which means I can watch pretty much every game as it’s happening).
For those of you who have been to Europe…what are some of your favorite things?